- Saturday June 24 & Saturday July 1
- Price $35
- Lead by Stacie Richline
About the Event
This special event is specifically designed for those students who are new to SUP (Stand Up Paddleboards) and/or those new to Yoga.The emphasis of this workshop is getting yogis comfortable on the water and on their floating mats. The workshop is designed with modifications to make beginners feel comfortable on the boards- even if they have never done SUP or Yoga before!
The workshop will be lead by Stacie Richline:
- Stacie Richline is a RYT-200 Yoga instructor trained at Black Swan Yoga in Austin, Texas
- Stacie is SUP Yoga certified receiving her training with Limitless SUP in Austin Texas, called "The SUP captial of the world".
- She has taught group fitness and yoga all over and locally at Gold's Gym, Corpus Christi Athletic Club, Bayside Pilates and The Yoga Studio of Corpus Christi
What to expect from the workshop:
- On deck discussion about the paddleboards, paddling technique and water safety
- Dynamic warm up on the deck
- Brief paddle to a fixed anchor point where you will clip in your board
- Modifications for beginners and mindful transitions between poses and exercises
- Extra time after class to practice paddling
*The on deck portion will start and 10am and we will finish our Yoga class portion around 11:30. You will have an additional time to practice paddling after class.
Water Dog's Location and Directions:
- You will turn onto Coopers Ally L-Head from Shoreline Drive going towards the marina.
- The Corpus Christi Yacht Club will be on your left. Drive straight back to the end of the parking lot on the right.
- The entrance to marina slips S, T & U are on the right. Park anywhere available.
- Water Dog Floating Deck is at slip T5 in the middle.
- The gate to the marina entrance is normally locked. At 8pm someone from Water Dog will be there to open the gate or you will ring the buzzer on the gate for someone from Water Dog to escort you to the floating deck