- Sunday July 23, 2017
- Price $35
- Lead by Stacie Richline and Heather McVay
About the Event
This special event is specifically designed for those students who are new to SUP (Stand Up Paddleboards) and/or those new to Yoga or Pilates. The emphasis of this workshop is getting students comfortable on the water and on their floating mats. The workshop is designed with modifications to make beginners feel comfortable on the boards- even if they have never done yoga or Pilates before!
To ensure you have a great experience, there will be two instructors leading the workshop:
- Stacie Richline is a RYT-200 Yoga instructor. She is SUP Yoga certified receiving her training in Austin, Texas
- Heather Mcvay has 500hr of Pilates training and she is a Master Trainer for Piloxing
What to expect from the workshop:
- On deck discussion about the paddleboards, paddling technique and water safety
- Dynamic warm up on the deck
- Brief paddle to a fixed anchor point where you will clip in your board
- A Yoga and Pilates inspired class with two instructors
- Modifications for beginners and mindful transitions between poses and exercises
- Extra time after class to practice paddling (weather & wind permitting)
Water Dog’s Location and Directions:
- You will turn onto Coopers Ally L-Head from Shoreline Drive going towards the marina.
- The Corpus Christi Yacht Club will be on your left. Drive straight back to the end of the parking lot on the right.
- The entrance to marina slips S, T & U are on the right. Park anywhere available.
- Water Dog Floating Deck is at slip T5 in the middle.
- The gate to the marina entrance is normally locked. At 8pm someone from Water Dog will be there to open the gate or you will ring the buzzer on the gate for someone from Water Dog to escort you to the floating deck