SUP Yoga Teacher Training: 2021 TBA
Have you dreamed of sharing your yoga & fitness experience on the water? Water Dog's SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher Training is either 20 or 25 hours and RYTs will receive 20 or 25 Yoga Alliance CEU credits along with their SUP Yoga Teacher Certification + optional Pool SUP training. Water Dog is a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider).
Congratulations to our 2020 SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher Graduates!
What the training includes:
Three days practical experience on the water along with:
- Fitness SUP board rental and gear
- Water Dog swag bag with goodies
- Water Dog SUP Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Three or four complete SUP classes during the training; SUP Yoga, SUP Fit Fusion and a Paddle Clinic - all with different specialty instructors. Option for Pool SUP Training
- SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher certificate
Note: The 25 hour training will include Pool SUP Fitness and it will start at Sante Fe Pool Friday morning. The 20 hour training will start Friday afternoon at Water Dog.
Requirements: You must have some paddle-boarding experience before the training. You do not need to be a Registered Yoga Teacher to participate in the training, but you should have a yoga and/or fitness background. CPR and first Aid certificates are recommended, but not required unless you are teaching.
What we will cover and offer during the training
- SUP Equipment, handling and launching
- Paddle Techniques including stroke, turning & maneuvering
- A Paddle Clinic with advanced SUP techniques
- Different bodies of water, waterway rules & regulations
- SUP safety and SUP flip rescue technique
- Weather and wind chart reading and assessment
- Class set up: Anchoring & tethering techniques plus knot tying
- Adaptations of yoga & fitness for SUP, including sequencing, modifications and student assessment
- Proper use of SUP fitness props in a workout
- Full SUP Yoga and SUP Fit Fusion classes
- Practice paddling, class set up, and teaching
- Written and skills-based assessment
- Mentorship after the training and possible partnership opportunities
- SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher Certificates
- *Optional Pool SUP Fit class and training
Cost: $549 for 20hrs SUP Yoga & Fitness Certification OR $599 For 25hrs SUP Yoga & Fitness + Pool SUP training
Limited spots available. A 30% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. You must pay in full and register one week prior to the training. In cases of an emergency, cancellations less than one week prior to the training are subject to a 50% refund.
- Stacie Richline – E-RYT 200 and SUP Yoga Instructor, Water Dog owner
- Josh Richline – Water/wind/weather expert, paddle instructor & owner
- Anastasia Nichols – Personal Trainer and SUP Fit Fusion instructor
- David Velazquez - SUP enthusiast and advanced paddle instructor