SUP Yoga Teacher Training: September 23-25, 2022
Have you dreamed of sharing your yoga, paddle & fitness experience? Then join Water Dog's SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher Training! RYTs will receive 20 Yoga Alliance CEU credits along with their SUP Yoga Teacher Certification. Water Dog is a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider).
Congratulations to our 2020 SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher Graduates!
SUP Yoga & Fitness graduates from Left to Right: Jonathan Ludka, Calais Renee, Jacqueline Dominik, Whitney Guvernator. Not pictured: Fabian Mendez
What the training includes:
Three days practical experience on the water along with:
- Fitness SUP board rental and gear
- Water Dog swag bag with goodies
- Water Dog SUP Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Three different SUP classes during the training; SUP Yoga, SUP Fit Fusion and a Paddle Clinic - all with different specialty instructors.
- SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher certificate
Plan to start Friday afternoon until 5-6pm, go all day Saturday (8am-5pm) and Sunday morning, finishing by 1 or 2pm Sunday. Let us know if you are interested in Pool SUP Fitness training.
Requirements: You must have some paddle-boarding experience before the training. You do not need to be a Registered Yoga Teacher to participate in the training, but you should have a yoga and/or fitness background. CPR and first Aid certificates are recommended, but not required unless you are teaching.
What we will cover and offer during the training
- SUP Equipment, handling and launching
- Paddle Techniques including stroke, turning & maneuvering
- A Paddle Clinic with advanced SUP techniques
- Different bodies of water, waterway rules & regulations
- SUP safety and SUP flip rescue technique
- Weather and wind chart reading and assessment
- Class set up: Anchoring & tethering techniques plus knot tying
- Adaptations of yoga & fitness for SUP, including sequencing, modifications and student assessment
- Proper use of SUP fitness props in a workout
- SUP Yoga and SUP Fit Fusion classes
- Practice paddling, class set up, and teaching
- Written and skills-based assessment
- Mentorship after the training and possible partnership opportunities
- SUP Yoga & Fitness Teacher Certificates
Cost: $549 for 20hrs SUP Yoga & Fitness Certification
Limited spots available. You must register and pay a 30% deposit (non-refundable if canceled less than three weeks prior to the training). You must pay in full two weeks prior to the training.
- Stacie Richline – E-RYT 200 and SUP Yoga Instructor, Water Dog owner
- Josh Richline – Water/wind/weather expert, paddle instructor & owner
- Anastasia Antonetz– Personal Trainer and SUP Fit Fusion instructor
- David Velazquez - PSUPA Certified paddle instructor & trainer