SUP Yoga Teacher Training: November 1-3, 2019
Have you dreamed of expanding your knowledge and sharing your yoga & fitness experience out on the water? Water Dog's SUP Yoga Teacher Training is 25 hours and RYTs will receive 25 Yoga Alliance CEU credits along with their SUP Yoga Teacher Certification. Water Dog is a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider).
Click Here to reserve you spot! Or watch our YouTube video.
What the training includes: Three days practical experience on the water and at our houseboat studio along with:
- Fitness SUP board rental and gear
- Water Dog swag bag with goodies
- Water Dog SUP Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Three complete SUP classes during the training; SUP Yoga, SUP Fit Fusion and a Paddle Clinic - all with different specialty instructors
- SUP Yoga Teacher ceremony and certificate
Requirements: You must have some paddle-boarding experience before the training. You do not need to be a Registered Yoga Teacher to participate in the training, but you should have a yoga and/or fitness background. CPR and first Aid certificates are recommended, but not required unless you are teaching.
Training will be approximately 8am-4/5pm Friday, Saturday & Sunday November 1-3, 2019
What we will cover and offer during the training
- SUP Equipment, handling and launching
- Paddle Techniques including stroke, turning & maneuvering
- A Paddle Clinic with advanced SUP techniques
- Different bodies of water, waterway rules & regulations
- SUP safety and SUP flip rescue technique (pool portion)
- Weather and wind chart reading and assessment
- Class set up: Anchoring & tethering techniques plus knot tying
- Adaptations of yoga & fitness for SUP, including sequencing, modifications and student assessment
- Proper use of SUP fitness props in a workout
- Full SUP Yoga and SUP Fit Fusion classes
- Time to practice paddling, class set up, and teaching
- Written and skills-based assessment
- Mentorship after the training and possible partnership opportunities
- Ceremony with SUP Yoga Teacher Certificates
Cost: $695/$645- early bird discount if you register by August 31st. Only ten are spots available (Click Here to reserve you spot!). A 30% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. You must pay in full one month prior to the training.
- Stacie Richline – E-RYT 200 and SUP Yoga Instructor, Water Dog owner
- Josh Richline – Water/wind/weather expert, paddle instructor & owner
- Anastasia Nichols – Personal Trainer and SUP Fit Fusion instructor
- David Velazquez - SUP enthusiast and advanced paddle instructor